Thursday, July 2, 2009

very mary chicken casserole

so called because this recipe is from my aunt mary. and yeah, i've been a huge slacker lately (but hopefully my work schedule will be much more regular starting next week and then i can re-organize my life). also, i've misplaced my camera somewhere in the last hour, so pictures will have to wait. but here is the chicken casserole recipe. as promised.

-3 to 4 pounds of chicken (but we just used 3 breasts and it works out fine)
-1 can cream of celery soup
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-8 oz sour cream
-8 oz pkg Pepperidge Farm herb dressing (stuffing)
-1 cup chicken broth
-1 cup melted margarine

Boil chicken in small amount of seasoned water (can use onions, celery, leaves, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic, salt, etc.) Remove meat from bones. Place meat in bottom of a 9x13" casserole pan. COmbine soups with sour cream. Pour over chicken. Press dry herb dressing lightly over the cream mixture. Slowly pour the melted margarine over the dressing. Top casserole with cup of chicken broth. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered. Then uncover and continue baking about 15 minutes until top is crispy and hot. Become addicted to the creamy, savory goodness. 

*also, don't get me wrong, i love h.a. with a large portion of my heart, but i feel like we are lacking in organization lately (probably mostly because of me and my crazy schedule the last 3 weeks) but i want to work on this so that we can live up to our fullest domestic potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment